Saturday, December 26, 2009

Where can I get a diesel car converted to run on vegetable oil?

Go to sites like this one and ask around. I've recently seen a news story on a guy that converts and sells diesel cars but since I'm not in the market for one I didn't write any of the info down.Where can I get a diesel car converted to run on vegetable oil?
check www.dieselveg.com its a in wolverhampton based conversion company or if you diy there are loads of german companys around like www.elsbett.com


i made a website about that too its www.geocities.com/vegbiofuel





good luck Report Abuse
Where can I get a diesel car converted to run on vegetable oil?
you don't
Good luck finding one; there are very few of them around. Your best bet is to try searching for one online. Otherwise, convert it yourself or find someone who will convert it for you.
You gotta be kidding me. That stuff don't exist yet. BUt I do think someone's working on it.
no conversion required but its illegal if you get caught car will be taken by the customs and excise and no chance of getting it back
i can tell u for sure you dont need to convert, it will run on it any way but you still need som diesel in for starting, just keep puttin g an odd gallon of diesel in.
You dont need to convert it.


Just shove the clean oil in.
I don't know for sure. I have heard of a person who converted his pickup truck to run of cooking oil. I don't know how to contact him though. If I had a diesel vehicle I'd probably be trying to find out who he is and what he did. I think he said all he does is change the filters a few times until the systems gets used to the cooking oil. Don't hold me to that.
dont need to convert.. just strain the soilds out itll run just like that
You dont need to convert most of them, they will run just fine if you mix the oil and spirit yourself and pour it in.





You only need to worry about solidifying / filtering if you are using reclaimed oil.
go to the moon. mabey some aliens can do it for you
You DO NOT need to covert.





Just use fresh, clean oil - it works just fine.





You MAY need to change the inline fuel filter more though as it water gets into the fuel mix (as it does with regular diesel) it doesn't separate as easily so forms a sticky emulsion if you're doing lots of start-stop short journeys.





In colder weather the viscocity will increase - so do a 50/50 mix with regular diesel or buy a 'pre-heater' for the oil to keep it flowing freely.





I know a few guys that have ran 2.5TD BMW engines on it for years.





And remember to give Mr. G. Brown the tax you'll be due.....
It depends a lot on your car (Make, Model etc). Some need no modification whatsoever. A better bet in my mind is to look at Biodiesel. All diesel engines will run on biodiesel without modification. Warranty on vehicles will usually state that the manufacturer accepts no responsibilty for damage caused by sub standard fuels, so ensure that you only buy fuel that meets the EN standard. There is loads of info on this whole subject, try 'www.rodbowen.co.uk/daniel/vegoilvsbiodi鈥?'www.biodiesel.infopop.cc' or just search or it. You will feel liberated from the constraints of the big oil companies!!
O'Reily's can order it for you. Or any vehicle store.
no its illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment