Saturday, December 26, 2009

I had a oil change done on my 99 buick century and one week later .i start my car & my oilfilter blowsoff?

tell me whats wrong with itI had a oil change done on my 99 buick century and one week later .i start my car %26amp; my oilfilter blowsoff?
they didn't put it on tight enough or it was the wrong filter, needless to say I would take it back to them and make them fix it and then never ever go back there for an oil change.I had a oil change done on my 99 buick century and one week later .i start my car %26amp; my oilfilter blowsoff?
whoever changed your oil,didnt get it on tight enough,or they stripped the threads.
two posibles.


cheap oil filter


oil pressure release valve stuck close.
I think you may find that when they put the oil filter on they did not check to see if the old rubber seal came off with the old filter. When you have two rubber seals on with the oil filter it will blow the seal off and sometimes the oil filter also as it would then be loose. It has happened before this way.
They only finger tightened it and didn't give it the 1/4 turn more with a wrench. Have it towed back to the oil change place and raise Holy Crap with them
Sounds Like someone stripped the threads on something.. hope its the oil filter rather than the mount...
the person didn't put the filter on tight,call them and tell who ever put it on about it.
maybe they forced it in instead of screwing it in properly, and the pressure built up and shot it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment