Saturday, December 26, 2009

I think I've put more engine oil than the limit in me car ... what to do?

Hi ! I was just doing regular maintenance on my car and I saw that the oil was a little less. I put some oil in it myself but now ... the scale is showing that I have gone over the MAX point. So ... if the scale is 1-10 ... I'm at 13 or 14.





Just wondering, should I leave it like that or should I take it out by opening the nut under the car. Would it matter if I just left it in there ?I think I've put more engine oil than the limit in me car ... what to do?
running the engine with too much oil can cause pressure that will blow out the oil seals and you will have major leaks.


Drain it and get it right or you might be sorry.I think I've put more engine oil than the limit in me car ... what to do?
i wouldnt leave it like that, the inside of your car will be really smokey and smell really bad until your burned it back down to what its supposed to be, which would take some time, so id say drain some out
drain it out into a clean container then put in the correct amount
Drain the plug a bit, or just get an oil change. I suppose a siphone could work, but I doubt it.
less than a quart over full won't hurt anything. If it was low when you checked it it must a have a slight leak or burn a little bit. It will be fine in a few days.
depends on how over full it is. if you have more than a quart too much, have the oil drained and re-filled. if its a half quart, it shouldn't hurt anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment