Saturday, December 26, 2009

I just changed my oil and filter. Why doesn't my car accelerate or reverse now?

2003 Toyota Corolla.


sometimes I could drive it forward a lit bit but at 4000-5000 rpms.I just changed my oil and filter. Why doesn't my car accelerate or reverse now?
Did the fluid that you drained have a reddish hue to it? If it did, you drained the tranny fluid. You should be able to smell something burning when you drive. If you are sure you added the oil in the right place, then you better fill up your transmission before it gets destroyed.I just changed my oil and filter. Why doesn't my car accelerate or reverse now?
sounds like you changed the trans filter and oil. in which case you are likely (very!) low on trans fluid right now. also DONT i repeat Dont drive it reving like that to move, it will burn up the trans!
You drained the transmission and it is nearly empty. You refilled the oil into the crankcase and now it is overfilled with dirty oil. This is a hard mistake to make , but I saw a guy do it to a Mercedes. It wasn't and isn't funny.Next time look in the repair manual- this time look in the repair manual. Change the oil again. Refill the transmission and be sure you use thie right transmission fluid. Ask the service dept at Toyota, not the guys at the generic car parts store. You car has a shorter life now. So sorry.
Which oil did you change the crankcase oil or trans fluid? sounds like you drained the trans and didnt fill it again. or put the oil/fluid in the wrong place. better pull your engine oil dipstick and see how much oil you have in the oil pan. bet you put the wrong fluid in the wrong place.
I think the other answer is right ..where did you put the oil in the transmission filler pipe? Better tow it to a shop and get someone to look quick or else face a huge bill for not knowing better. sorry
did you put the oil in the crankcase or the transmission? better check .

No comments:

Post a Comment