Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I putted 4L. of engine oil while my car takes only 3.5L.?

is it necessary to remove that 0.5L. excess???I putted 4L. of engine oil while my car takes only 3.5L.?
well if you also changed the oil filter the .5 will fill that nicely...dont worry it will be ok.I putted 4L. of engine oil while my car takes only 3.5L.?
Hi there, I take it you replaced the oil filter at the same time as the engine oil?





Oil capacities stated by vehicle manufacturers take no account of the capacity of the oil filter to absorb a quantity of oil. Vehicle manufacturers gloss over this to prevent their exposure to liability and, to be fair, they cannot guess at which manufacturers oil filter you will choose when the car is serviced. New filters can easily consume 0.5 to 1.00 litre of oil.





If the dipstick level confirms that the engine oil is at maximum and not beyond that point then all is fine and dandy. Whereas, if the maximum level has been exceeded, it would be appropriate to shed some oil from the sump pan drain plug at the base of the engine block.
That's an extra pint more or less. If the dipstick is only say 录 inch high I would leave it. If it's a bit higher change the oil filter, a new dry filter will take that quantity and drop the level. Don't try and remove some thru the drain plug, that will get messy. What I did in similar circumstances was to slide a length of washer tubing down the dip stick hole and connect the end to an old pump from a hand sprayer. Then I was able to pump excess out to a waste can
Your going to get both a yes %26amp; no on this from lots of folks. But here's my opinion, I say yes remove 0.5L if you can. If you cannot, then don't worry about it. Too much oil can cause leaks due to excessive pressure build up. But 0.5L may not affect a thing. So you might be ok just the same. My advice for the future is to measure out the oil a little better next time. It's not just a waste of oil, but money too.
No, in my opinion that's acceptable and many professional oil changes may end up slightly overfull. However, if it was one quart overfull, I'd remove the drain plug and drain some out. Sometimes you put in exactly what your car's manual says, and it still reads overfull on the dipstick. So is the dipstick right or is the engine oil fill specification right? My Toyota dealer swears they put exactly 6.4 quarts in my 3.5L engine as specified and yet the oil reads overfull on the dipstick. Maybe they couldn't wait long enough for all the old oil to drain out?





http://autorepair.about.com/od/regularma鈥?/a>
It's not really a problem, did you replace the oil filter at the same time? If you did then its defiantly not a problem as the 0.5ltr will fill the oil filter and the level will be correct.


Ja.
When I change the oil on my truck I regularly overfill the sump; however I do loads of speedy hiway driving, and for me ';more is best';
I'd ignore it, but it's no biggie to drop some oil out is it?


what does you dipstick say? you might be ok as it is
personally i would drain .5 L. overfil could cause leakage into clutch and cause slipping, and/or causing pressure in crankcase etc
no problem better to have a little extra rather than not enough
Yes.
Nah it will be ok
No! it will be ok

No comments:

Post a Comment