Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm leaving for 3 weeks....I'm leaving my car in front of my house...change oil, fill tank, and battery?

Should i disconnect the battery for a three week vacationI'm leaving for 3 weeks....I'm leaving my car in front of my house...change oil, fill tank, and battery?
Only if you are afraid someone will start it and steal it. If your battery is in good shape there should be no problem. There is minimal drain on the battery - probably just the clock, security system and computer memory.I'm leaving for 3 weeks....I'm leaving my car in front of my house...change oil, fill tank, and battery?
No need to do any of that. Three weeks is nothing. It will be fine.
no need to worry about fluids, if you live in a cold weather area, get a solar trickle charger and connect to battery, remember that most cigarrete ligther adapters are disabled with the car off.
nope, unless it is time for the oil change, you don't have to do all of that. here's one better= go in your fuse panel and pull the ignition fuse. Read the panel for the correct fuse to pull. Don't fill the tank because what if someone siphons it out?
Where do you live? leave the keys with me,and i`ll make sure its driven.....LOL
Fill the tank because this will keep water condensation from getting in your tank. Also, run it for atleast 15 minutes right before so the battery will have a fresh charge and you will be fine.
Oil should be good .


Fill tank to keep condensation out . take it for a 20 minute highway or Interstate drive to get your battery fully charged and condensation out of the exhaust and that will be good .


I only ask this .


Will leaving the car in front of the house be in the way of snow removal or in harms way ?


If ,in a city, I would find someone to care for it or a safe place for it until I return. Also will the car sitting for three weeks indicate that you are away and your place is empty to the bad guy's ?


Happy Holidays
you don't have to do anything to your car except lock it up and then enjoy your 3 weeks away, your car will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment