Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I was told that if I apply some oil on a small patch of rust on my car it will slow down the rusting prcess.?

Is this true?I was told that if I apply some oil on a small patch of rust on my car it will slow down the rusting prcess.?
It is true. What Scott said was even better, my fiance told me that a few years ago and said it was great stuff. Or if you feel like something to do lol you could sand it to the metal and spray it with primer. You then sand the primer (with x-fine paper so it's smooth) and get touch up paint to match yours ( you can get it from the car dealership). I did mine once and it wasn't too hard, just have to be careful not to put too much and make it smooth. Hope that helps. Have a great day Ruth. :)I was told that if I apply some oil on a small patch of rust on my car it will slow down the rusting prcess.?
it will but by all means is not permanent, you will have to keep oiling it, grease will last longer, and water proof grease is better than that. You can also get a RUST converter that will neutralize the rust and turn it into a grayish to black substance that helps protect the metal.
yes thats true, WD-40 works good too every couple of weeks but if you want to stop rusting get some POR-15 and coat the rust with it.
Yes it is perfectly OK.
true

No comments:

Post a Comment