Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. I ran my car with no oil. Should i replace or rebuild the engine?

I change the oil in my car every 3,000 miles. My car started making a clicking noise when i was driving it. I didn't think it was anything serious so i drove it home and let it sit (haven't drove it since). I drove it approximately 25 or 30 miles while clicking. I then checked my oil and it was completely out. Not even a drop left. I put oil in it and filled it up to where it was suppose to be. Started the car and it is still clicking. What should i do? Do i have to buy a new engine or can i rebuild it? Also, there are no metal shavings in the oil or antifreeze or anything.I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. I ran my car with no oil. Should i replace or rebuild the engine?
If you are not smart enough not to drive it when it starts clicking. Don't try to replace it or rebuild it yourselfI have a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. I ran my car with no oil. Should i replace or rebuild the engine?
Could be another Clicking sound.. Could be the brakes or a wheel bearing also. My friend has the same car, and it has a clicking noise right now, which is a lose wheel bearing.
Well,if it still runs you need to figure out where the oil went,,you should have a leak somewhere.find the leak and get it fixed..if the motor is not sized up,,than drive it till she blows,,it might run for years.
before you go and rebuild your engine. If you ran it out of oil the lifters are probably what you are hearing. If they are hydraulic it will take a little running to get oil to pressurizes them again. If there is no metal in the oil that is a good sign. You should drive it around the block a few time to see if the ticking goes away. My porsche after sitting along time would do the same thing. If the ticking still persists I would have it looked at. If it goes away than I would drive it as normal. just keep an eye on the oil level and the temp. light. If the engine acts normal then I would wait on replacing it. Drive it and save money for repairs later.
drive it for a while and keep an eye on the oil, it's the rockers ticking and they sometimes resolve themselves.





I'd me more worried about WHERE that much oil went. Forget something on the last oil change?

No comments:

Post a Comment