Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Erratic oil pressure gauge and burning smell in the car!!!?

When I start my car in the morning, the oil pressure is a little bit after the NORMAL measure. When the car warms up and I am going 70-80 on the highway, the line is on the O of NORMAL. When the car is warm and the RPM goes up and down, the line goes from like the MA of NORMAL to the O of NORMAL. It started doing this 1.5 years ago and someone told me it's just a dirty sensor and don't worry about it. I have a 1994 Ford Probe GT with 130,000 miles.


Several weeks ago, after I drive on the highway and stop after that with the engine idling, I can smell something like rubber burning. I can only smell it when the car is on the stop lights or idling. The car does not leak oil and I don;t think it burns it, too. Please, help. Thanks so much.Erratic oil pressure gauge and burning smell in the car!!!?
It could be a bad sensor, but to say to ignore it is moronic and that person needs a wrench upside the head. The oil flow is an important part of the cooling of your engine. If you're not getting enough, you're going to get some real hot spots. You don't pee into the wind or ignore low oil pressure. Have someone do a pressure check when it's hot. If the crank bearings are worn, it's probably time to retire that thing. You could spend three grand to fix the engine and have a car worth $2500 that still has a lot of worn out parts.Erratic oil pressure gauge and burning smell in the car!!!?
I think the gauge or sender is faulty; they do go out. I also think the smell is totally unrelated to this.
typical ford problem..................have your crankshaft checked....thrust washer outside tolerance?.........have a tech. test actual oil pressure on a hot engine!.........probably need a rebuilt!
i own a repair shop,and it may have produced a very minor leak on it that has just started ,you might want to look it over and see if it does have a small one that has just started,this would explain the smell ,good luck i hope this help,s.

No comments:

Post a Comment