Thursday, January 7, 2010

My car is smoking real bad and there is oil in my exaust pipe?

lots of oil in exaustMy car is smoking real bad and there is oil in my exaust pipe?
you have to much oil in the engine, check the level and if it is above the run line drain the oil and fill to proper level.My car is smoking real bad and there is oil in my exaust pipe?
Year/make/model/please. Though from what you're saying it sounds like you've got blown rings somewhere in your engine. The reason you're having the smoke is because the oil is being ignited along with the gas in the combustion chamber and the oil is getting in there because you're piston rings are what holds the seal for your pistons so that the engine oil stays in the chamber only long enough to lube the cylinder wall. Try doing a compression check and this will tell you which cylinder is bad.
Not good news. If you're blowing blue smoke, you're burning oil.
Either bad piston rings or bad valve guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment