Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do you know how to check the oil in your car? I didn't I felt like a right dipstick.?

Did you check the oil cos there was sumpthing up with it?Do you know how to check the oil in your car? I didn't I felt like a right dipstick.?
I think you'll have to carry the can for this one.Do you know how to check the oil in your car? I didn't I felt like a right dipstick.?
Yep!!





As I've had 15 cars over the years and experienced most things that can possibly happen :)
In most modern cars it is the one that has 'OIL' clearly written on it... the tube goes into the engine.. (yeah the big rectangular thing that is made of light silver-ish metal)


How many posts did it take to get an answer for how to open the hood?





ok ok.. I am sorry for teasing ya ..





Yes, it is the long tube that is usually in the front.. closest to the hood latch.. the only other one is transmission fluid.. and that one is typically kinda hidden to avoid the confusion. Yank it out, wipe it off and retest .. go with the second measurement. If you need to add oil it goes in the top of the engine .. there is a cap like thing you can unscrew. Be careful not to overfil. And don't make a mess of it .. burnt oil stinks! :)
most people dont
Don't sweat it, you can learn the same as the rest of us scared knuckled females did.
I simply let the mechanic ';top off all fluids'; during each three-month oil change. Voila! No more worrying!
Yep, just change the 710. ;~)
I worked in a garage so used the dipstick always wipe %26amp; recheck.
yep I do
yes
I know how to check it. ;)
lol very funny and yes i know how, i can strip my entire engine and give it a full service if needs be!
Yes, I check my oil all the time. I do alot of other work on my car, too. =)
Yes I know. I'm glad you also know how-to now.





I check levels once every 2 weeks as running below minimum can seriously damage your engine. Changing your oil at least once (but best 2 times a year) is one of the best ways you can keep your car running healthily and reliably.
Just drop a match in there, if it doesn't flame up you need oil.
oh gosh- i blew up my car a few years ago(put the conrod through the block apparently)i never check the oil or water.This is funny-my brother asked if i had water in my car-of course i sed-look its full! oh dear it was the washer water that i had been checking(sad but true!)XX
Yes, I know, but thankfully, this is something my husband does for me.
Yes honey you take thingy and stick it in the other thingy and then pull it out, don't shake it all about tho, that could be messy. Hope that helps.





kby
Undo that nut on bottom of engine, don't forget the measuring jug though. Keep your gob shut too.
No but that's alright, I don't have a car and can't drive - apart from people up the wall.
most cars have a yellow handle on the oil dipstick....the transmission dipstick is usually red....
  • debt consolidation loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment