Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can i paint an oil painting on a car?

i would like to paint a painting on my car. not sure if there is a specific kind of paint i need to use. I thought of using regular oil paint plus cover finished painting with clear coat.Can i paint an oil painting on a car?
Use automotive paints.Can i paint an oil painting on a car?



I've seen this done before, mostly on old pre 1950's cars left out


in fields. I wouldn't do it. Unless you use non-fade inks and the


correct airbrushing techniqes, it's not going to weather well.





Try getting an old hood and doing a test run .





Good Luck to you
God no don't do that. The oil paiting would come off little by little even if you clear it, and it will turn yellow in the sun. You need to use car paints thats why they don't use oil paints at the body shops. I am an artist and I paint with oils, acrylics, water color, but not on cars. My father is a paint and body man for a dealership and we have had this conversation before. So head my warning and use car paints if you are going to paint on your car, and you need clear coat that is made for cars too.
No, when it rains you will leave oil based paint on the road and your painting will smear. The carwash would also ruin it. I think this is a bad idea
you can do what ever you want to its your car. but the other guy has a very good point.
YOu need to use car pain or model paint for model cars that is the only pain that will work or spray paint
use automotive paints then clear coat it like you said

No comments:

Post a Comment