Thursday, January 7, 2010

If my car requires 5w 10 oil can i still put 20w 40? ?

its a 1994 v8 engineIf my car requires 5w 10 oil can i still put 20w 40? ?
theres a reason the motor requires a certain oil and you should use what is recommended, but you can put whatever you want in your engine, it may not run right and could destroy the motor but hey its your carIf my car requires 5w 10 oil can i still put 20w 40? ?
I guess the thinner oil is because your engine has hydraulic valve lifters. The thicker stuff should be ok when the engine is warmed up but I wouldn't abuse it until the pressure and temps are up and settled.
Sounds like you live in a very cold area, if 10 grade oil is recommended! Check you have the correct information, online or in the owners' handbook.
dont know about 20w40 but 10w40 is what i use all the time
i have not ever heard of 5w10 , and i work in a lube shop.
no, 5w30 or 10w 30. what make?

No comments:

Post a Comment